Browse Best Memorial Day Messages, we have a special collection of superb, one line and short Memorial Day Messages. Get Beautiful Memorial Day Messages.
- Memorial Day is one of our nation’s oldest and most significant holidays, born solely of our shared American heritage. Together, we recall the glory and sacrifice of all who have set their personal aspirations aside for the preservation of our society. Whether it is the doughboys of World War I, our Greatest Generation in World War II, our Cold Warriors who served in Korea and Vietnam, the liberators of Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan, or countless others who served and sacrificed in smaller American actions around the world, we owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to the men and women who took up arms against the enemies of the United States, laying down their lives to ensure a brighter future for the loved ones they left behind.
- Memorial Day is one of our nation’s oldest and most significant holidays, born solely of our shared American heritage. Together, we recall the glory and sacrifice of all who have set their personal aspirations aside for the preservation of our society. We owe an enormous amount of gratitude to these men and women for taking up arms against all enemies of the United States, both foreign and domestic.
- Today, of all days, we must reflect on what it truly means to live in freedom. We must solidify and reaffirm our commitment to our service members and their mission. We owe all of our veterans, past and present, a debt of gratitude for their sacrifices in the defense of liberty. In the words of President Abraham Lincoln, it is the job of the living to “take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure.” We owe it to the heroes that died and the loved ones left behind to make sure that their sacrifices are remembered and that their service to this nation always be honored.
- On this Memorial Day we look to the words of President John F. Kennedy: “A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces, but also by the men it remembers, the men it honors.” As Americans, may we forever commit to revealing our nation as one that holds true the memory and full measure of sacrifice our nation’s heroic men and women have given to secure life, liberty, and freedom for us all.
- Around the country, memorials bear the names of those who have given of themselves to secure our freedom. We must remember, especially today, that behind each of these names is an American hero who gave his or her life so that we may live in peace; a mother or father who mourned the loss of their child; a spouse; a child, left behind to carry on without them.