Skip to content
Browse Best World Turtle Day Quotes, we have a special collection of superb, one line and short World Turtle Day Quotes. Get Beautiful World Turtle Day Quotes.
- Being on a successful show is kind of like being a sea turtle. Every year, sea turtles lay hundreds and hundreds of eggs, but only a few manage to survive and mature. It’s the same with TV pilots. There are so many great ideas, but for whatever reason only the lucky ones get picked up.
- I actually think I’m more of a turtle than Verne is. Where Verne is up on two legs and moving at full speed and doesn’t pull his head into the shell very often, I in reality was five or ten minutes later to every recording session.
- The idea of the state is, or should be, a very limited, prescribed idea. The state looks after the defense of the realm, and other matters – raising revenue to pay for things which are for all of us, and so on. That idea has turned turtle now. The state isn’t any longer perceived as an institution which exists to serve us.
- The Green Turtle was created in the 1940s by a cartoonist named Chu Hing, one of the first Asian Americans to work in the American comic book industry.
- The rumor is Chu Hing really wanted the ‘Green Turtle’ to be Chinese American, but the publisher didn’t think that would sell. If you read those books, the hero almost always has his back facing the camera so you can’t see his face.
- Kneeling on the sea bottom in a place known as Tiger Beach, I watched a 12-foot- long female tiger shark cruise over the turtle grass with three silver bar jacks swimming in front of her nose.
- Since the year 2000, May 23 is celebrated as the World Turtle Day. It was initiated by the ATR (American Tortoise Rescue). The day was created to encourage people to love and know more about turtles and help protect the species and its habitat.
- It is celebrated worldwide in a variety of ways, from putting up posters to dressing up as turtles, to carrying out research work and so more.
- The turtles have been in existence for more than 200 million years but are now exceedingly getting disappeared due to exhaustion of various resources, hunting, trading etc.
- Every Halloween for six years, I was a Ninja Turtle, and Mikey was my favorite. The turtles really made me who I am today. They got me into martial arts, meditation, surfing, skateboarding; big time influence on who I am today.