Browse Best By Famous Writers Wishes, we have a special collection of superb, one line and short By Famous Writers Wishes. Get Beautiful By Famous Writers Wishes.
- As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.
- What really knocks me out is a book that, when you’re all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn’t happen much, though.
- And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.
- The ground for taking ignorance to be restrictive of freedom is that it causes people to make choices which they would not have made if they had seen what the realization of their choices involved.
- “You are so part of the world
that your slightest action contributes to its reality.
Your breath changes the atmosphere.
Your encounters with others
alter the fabrics of their lives,
and the lives of those
who come in contact with them.”
“No live organism can continue for long
to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Even larks and katydids are supposed,
by some, to dream.”
“The future belongs to those who believe
in the beauty of their dreams.”
- Look, I get it. You wouldn’t be a writer if you didn’t have a secret love of clever wordplay.
Puns and in-jokes and linguistic play are the writer’s delight. Just realize … they may not be your audience’s delight.
Writerly craft is a good thing. Thinking carefully about language will make it clearer and more powerful, and that’s what you want. But great copywriters know that cleverness too often leads directly to audience confusion.
A dash of cleverness here and there can add seasoning, so if you do use it, use it sparingly — and never in a headline.
- i wish them cramps.
i wish them a strange town
and the last tampon.
I wish them no 7-11.
i wish them one week early
and wearing a white skirt.
i wish them one week late.
later i wish them hot flashes
and clots like you
wouldn’t believe. let the
flashes come when they
meet someone special.
let the clots come
when they want to.
let them think they have accepted
arrogance in the universe,
then bring them to gynecologists
not unlike themselves.
- I wish I knew that the only different between building a $500K dollar business vs. $10M is deciding. It’s that simple. It doesn’t require more time, more intelligence or more know how. It only requires that you decided up front to set that goal, and every decision you made was aligned with that goal Can it be that simple? Trust me, it is.
- I wish I knew five years ago what people have been telling me for decades: life, and most everything, is a marathon, not a race.
- All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. Great works are often born on a street corner or in a restaurant’s revolving door.
- Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think
not about your frustrations, but about your unfilled potential.
Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with
what it is still possible for you to do.